By Tom Lansford Ph.D.
This booklet analyzes the advanced explanations and results of the September eleven, 2001, terrorist assaults either locally and the world over, and examines the next wars in Afghanistan and Iraq.
• presents insightful prices from modern figures and first records starting from Osama bin Laden's 1998 fatwa opposed to the us to the 2006 Iraq examine crew Report
• includes 12 biographies starting from Osama bin encumbered to George W. Bush that offer specified history on vital figures from the era
• provides a chronology of occasions from the Seventies to the current day, together with occurrences resulting in the September eleven, 2001, assaults and the Iraq War
• contains a pick out bibliography of significant works at the September eleven, 2001, assaults; the conflict in Iraq; native land safety; and the battle on terror
• includes a unique word list of key phrases resembling "Shiite" and "weapons of mass destruction"
Read or Download 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide PDF
Similar terrorism books
Political violence and instability within the heart East is arguably the world's most crucial political factor. The quarter is definitely the globe's prime region for turmoil, battle, and violence; and its conflicts have consistently concerned Western nations either at once and ultimately. This e-book surveys the most conflicts and insurgencies in contemporary center East historical past, focusing quite often at the interval because the Nineteen Eighties.
This ebook examines the search for/failure of Utopia throughout a number modern American/transnational fictions relating to terror and globalization via authors corresponding to Susan Choi, André Dubus, Dalia Sofer, and John Updike. whereas fresh severe thinkers have reengaged with Utopia, the potential for terror — even if nation or non-state, exterior or homegrown — shadows Utopian imaginings.
Now a big apple occasions bestseller! the United States is at conflict. The struggle opposed to worldwide jihad has expense 7,000 American lives and virtually $2 trillion, and but, so much american citizens do not realize what's at stake. the general public lacks wisdom and security simply because presidents and their administrations overlooked the main simple strategic query: who's the enemy?
Ten years on, what were the critical affects of the terrorist assaults of eleven September 2001 at the exterior guidelines and overseas outlooks of the world's significant powers, the variety and scope of the overseas safety schedule and at the potential for states and foreign businesses to interact to wrestle the hazards of foreign terrorism?
- Das digitale Kalifat: Die geheime Macht des Islamischen Staates (Beck Paperback) (German Edition)
- Cyber Threat: The Rise of Information Geopolitics in U.S. National Security: The Rise of Information Geopolitics in U.S. National Security (Praeger Security International)
- Undefeated: The story of Bali Bombing survivor Phil Britten
- Security and the War on Terror: Civil-military Cooperation in a New Age (Contemporary Security Studies)
- The Selling of 9/11: How a National Tragedy Became a Commodity
- Bombs, Bullets, and Politicians: France's Response to Terrorism (Human Dimensions In Foreign Policy, Military Studies, And Security Studies Series)
Extra resources for 9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide
9/11 and the Wars in Afghanistan and Iraq: A Chronology and Reference Guide by Tom Lansford Ph.D.