By Michael I Ojovan,William E. Lee
- The absolutely revised moment version specializes in middle applied sciences and has an built-in method of immobilization and hazards
- Each bankruptcy specializes in a unique matrix utilized in nuclear waste immobilization: cement, bitumen, glass and new materials
- Keeps crucial concerns surrounding nuclear waste - comparable to remedy schemes and applied sciences and disposal - on the forefront
Read Online or Download An Introduction to Nuclear Waste Immobilisation (Elsevier Insights) PDF
Best environmental technology & engineering books
The booklet offers an outline of the overseas practices and cutting-edge of LCA reports within the agri-food region, either by way of followed methodologies and alertness to specific items; the ultimate objective is to characterise and placed order in the methodological matters attached to a couple very important agri-food items (wine, olive oil, cereals and derived items, meat and fruit) and in addition defining functional instructions for the implementation of LCAs during this specific quarter.
How did branded bottles of water insinuate themselves into our day-by-day lives? Why did water turn into an fiscal sturdy -- not a standard source yet a advertisement product, in parlance a "fast relocating shopper good," or FMCG? Plastic Water examines the techniques at the back of this variation. It is going past the standard political and environmental reviews of bottled water to enquire its multiplicity, analyzing a bottle of water's simultaneous lifestyles as, between different issues, a product, own well-being source, item of boycotts, and a part of collecting waste subject.
Micro irrigation, often referred to as trickle, drip, localized, excessive frequency, or pressurized irrigation, is an irrigation approach that saves water and fertilizer via permitting water to drip slowly to the roots of crops, both onto the soil floor or without delay onto the basis area, via a community of valves, pipes, tubing, and emitters.
This publication presents a balanced dialogue concerning the wastewater generated through hydraulic fracturing operations, and the way to control it. It contains an in-depth dialogue of the hydraulic fracturing approach, the ensuing water cycle, and the aptitude dangers to groundwater, soil, and air. The “fracking” strategy comprises various chemical substances that may most likely damage human future health and the surroundings, specially in the event that they input and contaminate ingesting water offers.
- Greening The Black Gold: Saudi Arabia's quest for clean energy
- Water Governance for Sustainable Development: Approaches and Lessons from Developing and Transitional Countries
- Applied Environmental Economics: A GIS Approach to Cost-Benefit Analysis
- Environmental Sustainability Using Green Technologies
Extra info for An Introduction to Nuclear Waste Immobilisation (Elsevier Insights)
An Introduction to Nuclear Waste Immobilisation (Elsevier Insights) by Michael I Ojovan,William E. Lee